1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ATT/Yahoo & Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by duckrenter, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. duckrenter

duckrenter Thread Starter

I'm using XP, ATT/Yahoo DSL. I want to use Thunderbird email, I get error message: "MAIL SERVER DOES NOT SUPPORT SECURE AUTHENTICATION".
    Can you help? :confused:

Thank you

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. duckrenter

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have done as you implied. Now I keep getting a prompt to log in to my ATT/Yahoo account, which I do, it keeps on coming up. I know I'm using the correct password. Also, when I try to get new messages, I get a prompt telling me "Server does not support secure authentication" I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.16. The artical from ATT/Yahoo says thunderbird Version 1.5 and up does support a secure authentication server. I'm totaly confused. Any further help will be greatly appreciated...Thanks Again

Leo

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

My ISP uses a different set of ports on the POP/SMTP servers for secure authentication from the ports used otherwise. Thunderbird should probably change to the other ports when configured, though.

Let me look on my Linux box. I run Thunderbird there .... be right back ...

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

I checked a Yahoo POP account under Thunderbird and it shows a "Secure Connection" (SSL), but not "Secure Authentication".

Where do you show your ATT/Yahoo saying it supports "Secure Authentication"?

6. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

7. duckrenter

8. duckrenter

Sorry, it does say secure connection. Noiw what?

9. duckrenter

YAHOO! I got her to work. I just unchecked the use secure authentication box. I was confused with that box and the SSL..Thank you so much for all your help...

10. northcote

northcote

I tried this re my query 'Dwonloading emails in bulk' same sort of response.

11. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

northcote, if you have an issue, please stick to your own thread to discuss it, don't hijack another thread for your issue.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice