Solved: ATT/Yahoo & Thunderbird

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

duckrenter

I'm using XP, ATT/Yahoo DSL. I want to use Thunderbird email, I get error message: "MAIL SERVER DOES NOT SUPPORT SECURE AUTHENTICATION".
Can you help? :confused:

Thank you

duckrenter

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have done as you implied. Now I keep getting a prompt to log in to my ATT/Yahoo account, which I do, it keeps on coming up. I know I'm using the correct password. Also, when I try to get new messages, I get a prompt telling me "Server does not support secure authentication" I'm using Thunderbird version 2.0.0.16. The artical from ATT/Yahoo says thunderbird Version 1.5 and up does support a secure authentication server. I'm totaly confused. Any further help will be greatly appreciated...Thanks Again

Leo

My ISP uses a different set of ports on the POP/SMTP servers for secure authentication from the ports used otherwise. Thunderbird should probably change to the other ports when configured, though.

Let me look on my Linux box. I run Thunderbird there .... be right back ...

I checked a Yahoo POP account under Thunderbird and it shows a "Secure Connection" (SSL), but not "Secure Authentication".

Where do you show your ATT/Yahoo saying it supports "Secure Authentication"?

duckrenter

YAHOO! I got her to work. I just unchecked the use secure authentication box. I was confused with that box and the SSL..Thank you so much for all your help...

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
northcote, if you have an issue, please stick to your own thread to discuss it, don't hijack another thread for your issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online