1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Attachment problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mthumjdo, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

In the past when I wanted to attach a photo to an email I would browse the desktop for the folder that I wanted. Now for some reason I cannot access the desktop. When I browse I get the download folder. On the area on the left of the download folder specifies document, drives and my external drive. How can I correct this?
    Thanks, mthumjdo

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Can you attach a screen shot of what you are getting when you are doing this?

3. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

I have a copy of the window but can't get it posted because I do not have a url for the image.

4. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

I could probable email it to you. I have the image in a folder.

5. DaveA

First Name:
    David
  6. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

I can see the attachment but the message said you could see it.
    mthumjdo

Attached Files:

7. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    If you are asking about the left column, all you need to do, is click one the Computer, and then users, then your account name, and then the user desktop should be listed.

This change is because you are using Libraries and the path has been changed to it.

8. mthumjdo

mthumjdo Thread Starter

I did what you suggested (below) and I was able to get to the desktop. In the past when I went get an attachment a similar window came up but in the top address bar was Desktop or a folder with the attachment.

If you are asking about the left column, all you need to do, is click one the Computer, and then users, then your account name, and then the user desktop should be listed.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!