Solved: Audio and Video- pops, buzzes, and dropouts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CoalTen

Recently, my computer has begun making a pop/ buzz noise whenever I play music. It is also visually noticeable when watching videos and playing games.
I first tried to fix it by reinstalling drivers for my graphics and audio, but to no avail. I also tried running antivirus and anti malware programs.
My next thought was to run LatencyMon, which shows that ndis.sys seems to be the culprit, but I don't know what to do next.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's my components:
AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.1 GHz processor
ATI Radeon 4850 1GB
2 x 2GB DDR2 1333 memory
790GX motherboard
I built it about a year ago and its running Windows 7

Crackles and pops are usually symptoms of a faulty or lose connection somewhere. Have you tried a second set of speakers or headphones? If the problem persists with those, then you'll know it's either an application problem or a sound card problem. Another question, onboard sound or pci/pcie?

CoalTen

I'm pretty sure it's not a connection problem because I'm having video glitches at the same time as the audio ones. Its onboard sound. Thanks for the help.

CoalTen

Sorry for the late reply. It's not listed under services in task manager, if thats what you meant. However, it shows as running in LatencyMon.
Another thing I forgot to mention, the glitches occur more frequently the longer my computer has been on. They first begin about 5 minutes after i turn my computer on, although they happen very infrequently. After about 2 hours, the glitches happen multiple times a minute.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online