1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Audio In Vista Skips When playing music/videos

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by firefoxsilver9, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. firefoxsilver9

firefoxsilver9 Thread Starter

i just upgraded my PC to Vista Ultimate SP1 and whenver i play music or some video files, the sound "skips". i don't know how to describe it, but it like pauses for half a sec with a skipping sound then plays again, like if the cpu usage is at 100%, but that's not what's causing it. Nothing like this happened in XP, just started. it happens ever so often. i've search the internet for for about an hour yesterday with no avail. I have a intergrated SoundMax digital audio card. I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers, check DMA settings on both my HD's, tried various media players etc. my sound card doesn't have those "Enhancements" that i read about. People were able to solve their problem by disabling them. I also don't have a wireless network card. I tried to see if maybe the activity on the HD was causing the issue, but couldn't make a connection. I tried moving program windows around rapidly but that didn't cause the skipping to occur. i'm at a loss here. any help much appreciated.

Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate
    Dell Dimension 1100
    Intel Pentium 4 3ghz HT
    2GB ram
    2X IDE 7200rpm 80GB Hard Drive
    SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio

2. firefoxsilver9

i just tried reinstalling my audio drivers and chipset drivers, disabling and re enabling the sound card via the BIOS, still there.

3. firefoxsilver9

yeah i was able to fix the problem.

my solution: Get rid of Vista

4. Diver--13

Diver--13 It's My Birthday!

I have the exact opposite problem. My video does that for everything. Miro, WMP, iTunes, Quicktime, you name it. It happened after I installed SP1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!