Solved: Audio on HD Audio Bus not found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

revisionist00

I know this topic has probably been visited a million times but despite my search through every forum I can reach from my work network I have yet to find a good fix.

I have a user that recieved a new machine with a new XP build who is unable to hear audio from his machine. After taking a look at his machine I noticed he had no audio driver installed. Thinking that this was a simple fix I attempted to re-install the Realtek HD Audio drivers that are included with the machine (HP dc-5750). After installation and restart I receive the new hardware detected prompt and I navigate to the directory with the .sys file in it. When attempting to install it the wizard states that it was unable to locate the drivers. I know the drivers are correct and I have even attempted to download updated drivers.

This is when I started to search the forums, all stating to remove the drivers and remove the UAA hotfix from Microsoft and re-install both. (UAA first then drivers) This failed to produce any results, so I looked around more and found an article stating I needed to extract the files into a folder and direct the new hardware wizard to the commonfile folder in the folder. This left me still without sound or a working driver.

I do not know what to do and I am at a total loss. This build is a Windows XP Professional Sp 2 build.

revisionist00

Looks like it was a combination of registry edits, removing all of the instances of HD Audio and Reltek and the link included in the previous post. After removing those registry entities and restarting and reinstalling the hot fix and drivers it popped up but I am still recieving a New Device prompt for "Media". This is not a huge issue because the sound card is working again. Thank you for the prompt assistance!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online