Solved: audio search but result says video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nextup

1) When I search foran mp3 audio song on one particular website the result of the search is often shown as a video and yetwhen I download it, it is an mp3 file with no video (which is what I want), sowhy did the search result say video?
2) Sometimes however the result of a search comes up as video butwhen I download it, I'm taken to a screen that will only let me play audio (novideo) and I am not able to download anything.
Both situations are confusing and I'd like to know more, butmy main question is "If the resultant file that's downloaded(regardless of what the search produced) has an mp3 extension canI load it from my PC to say my cellphone to listen to music?

Apparently in this site you search for a song and the results displays a related video from youtube along with a list of suggestions that can be listened online.

I tried downloading a file, however, your browser(as mine) is configured to play MP3 files instead of downloading them. That's why you see a video playing with only music and no video whatsoever. So if you want to unload the file to a particular folder(or phone) do this:

Instead of left mouse clicking on "download", right click on the same option and choose "Save Link As". You will be prompted to select a folder to save the file.
Select a location and click Ok.

nextup

Apparently in this site you search for a song and the results displays a related video from youtube along with a list of suggestions that can be listened online.

I tried downloading a file, however, your browser(as mine) is configured to play MP3 files instead of downloading them. That's why you see a video playing with only music and no video whatsoever. So if you want to unload the file to a particular folder(or phone) do this:

Instead of left mouse clicking on "download", right click on the same option and choose "Save Link As". You will be prompted to select a folder to save the file.
Select a location and click Ok.
Dear Nikomaster,

That's brilliant. Thank you for solving this and the explanation of what was happening The only difference was when I clicked on "download" I didn't have "Save as Link " but "save as target". I selected that and it seemed to work.

Nextup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts