Solved: Audio suddenly doesn't work anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Djeepy

Greetings,

I am having an issue with the audio on my laptop.
It's pretty straightforward; the sound is not working anymore.
At first I thought it was my headset, because I had them on when I noticed the problem, but I've tried them on my iPod and they are fine.
Now, when I plug it in my laptop, all I hear is a little screeching sound. No music, no sound from the YouTube video that's running, nothing.
So I tried the same thing without my headset plugged in: no sound is coming out of the laptop's speakers.

Everything was working fine yesterday night when I went to bed.
I can't understand what's going on. I haven't changed anything lately besides the installation of ASIO4ALL for my Fruity Loops Studio program yesterday night... yes it is an audio-related software but I figured if that is the problem I would've had some trouble right after it's installation last night.

My audio device is a "SigmaTel" and I'm running Windows XP 32-bit.

Could anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.