1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Audio Trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by AspiringSin, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AspiringSin

AspiringSin Thread Starter

So I have a HP Pavilion 523a model computer. I recently changed my speakers to some ****** dell speakers, and now the sound will not work.
    I've tried downloading new drivers for it, I even downloaded a driver wiz type program to download missing drivers for me, but it seems that my drivers are not the problem. I'm not sure why the sound isn't working, and the speakers do not appear to be broken. I can't imagine that I would need a completely new driver for these speakers, but I'm not computer pro, so I don't' know that for sure. Can any one help me? offer any solution to this. It's driving me nuts.

Please and thank you.

2. LagunaGTO

LagunaGTO Account Closed

Please run the system utility in my sig.

I am not attacking your intelligence, but please verify 100% that it is not muted anywhere and that the connections are correct. These speakers hook into USB and the mm jack, correct?

3. AspiringSin

AspiringSin Thread Starter

Yes everything is hooked up correctly and nothing is muted, I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and we concluded that the speakers are fried. I just have to buy some new ones.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice