1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Audio Won't Work.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MightyPirate, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyPirate

MightyPirate Thread Starter

Sorry this is my first post.

The other day my audio stopped working in Vista. DVD's and music CD's won't play in my DVD drives (one's a DVD-RW), though it will read what they are. Music files on my comptuer won't play, the progress bar stays at 0:00 minutes.

As far as errors go a few times I've gotten a message about my decoder not working. However generally it just tells me that the file can not play.

I've scanned for viruses and spyware, nothing. My speakers and sound card all register and appear to be working, I've tried reinstalling the AC97 codecs to no avail. Regardless of which program I use the outcome is the same, except in VLC player where occasionally the video will play but without the sound.

I know my speakers work because when windows loads I can hear the annoying tone it plays as it logs on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really don't want to have to take my computer into a repair center.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice