1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Auto A/V updates-not always working - why?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EDYTHE, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDYTHE

EDYTHE Thread Starter

=-----------------------
    my CA ETrust Security Suite2007 edition, is set for 'auto updates'. it shows a pop-up when it updates are completed.....lately i have been seeing an 'unsuccessful attempt..try later' message. I am definitely connected to the internet but viewing the 'log' for the download-attempt, showing is ''unable to connect to server'' ... hummmm - i 'know' i am connected
    At that point, I go into the program choices for 'update' and manually click and 'then' it updates with no problem !!
    Any suggestions? thanks in advance. edythe :)

2. TOGG

TOGG

That has happened to me in the past with NOD32, both automatic and manual updates would sometimes fail. It turned out to be heavy traffic overloading the servers, so NOD had to put extra ones online.

If your problem doesn't sort itself out soon, contact CA's support and ask them if they have problems at their end.

3. EDYTHE

EDYTHE Thread Starter

Hello - thanks for your reply - you have 'eased' my concerns - i will just 'live' with what is ongoing since it doesn't happen all the time and in all probability i'm experiencing what you did ...and of course your idea to contact CA was a thought of mine also - i so appreciate your help - at least i know this situation is not out of the ordinary ... kind regards, Edythe (y)
    PS -SEVERAL HOURS LATER: AUTO UPDATE HAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED ITS PROGRAMS !!! WELL I GUESS IT IS AS YOU SAY - HIT/MISS - LOL -- THANKS AGAIN! EDYTHE

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice