[Solved] Automatic power off on shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mwillshaw

Hope this is the right category for this query.
I have recently installed a new primary hard drive, to which I have installed windows 2K.
Since doing this, rather than windows switching off the computer automatically at shutdown, I get the 'it is now safe to turn off your computer' screen and I have to switch off manually. I know this is only a minor niggle, but is there a quick solution that will get me back to automatic power off?'it is now safe to turn off your computer

when it powers down its still on... the monitor is. Theres power til you turn the electricity off to it by pushing the monitor button.
But you have a black screen while the light turns amber rather than green.
If yours is showing the splash saying you can turn the monotor off now , then its hanging.

Try holding the shift key down while its shutting down. Let us know if it works or not

mwillshaw

No, I just get the same screen. The monitor is not a problem, but the computer uesd to switch off completely along with fans etc. Could this be something in the BIOS that needs setting?:confused:

mwillshaw

Just the ticket!
I enabled APM and it works fine now.
Thank you for your help:D :D :D

That's great news, thanks for sharing it. I will mark this thread solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online