1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Automatic screen shutoff problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wim_mulder, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wim_mulder

wim_mulder Thread Starter

For some reason my screen does not shut off by itself anymore. I did a clean install, and if I fiddle with the settings a bit it might work once, when I turn off my sytem, the next time it won't work anymore. When I did just the upgrade over xp it did work. Any ideas?

2. JohnUSAF

JohnUSAF

First, do you have a problem with your screensaver not kicking in as well? Also what type of mouse do you have? If you have a Microsoft Laser Mouse of any kind, running Vista Home Premium, there is a program called ehtray.exe that runs in the background that will cause not only your screen to not shut off, but your screensaver will not kick in as well. Otherwise the problem could be related to a driver issue.

3. wim_mulder

My screensaver does work, and I am just using a generic mouse.

4. wim_mulder

Found my problem. It seems that if I am playing music in WMP it won't shut off. If I pause the music it will, and if WMP is off if will also work. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice