1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Autorun.inf virus just wont go away

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Cloudx77, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudx77

Cloudx77 Thread Starter

ok so im going about my normal business doing the same thing i always do. i plug my psp into my computer to add some music to it and bam, everytime i plug my psp in kaspersky tells me this exactly:

File contains virus and cannot be disinfected
    Virus:
    Worm.Win32.Autorun.edc

File:
    G:\Autorun.inf

then it gives me two options:
    ->Delete
    File will be deleted. the copy of the file will be moved to backup

->Skip
    Attempt of access to the file will be blocked. File will not be changed or deleted

if i hit delete, kaspersky deletes it and about 3-4 seconds later, kaspersky pops up again and tell me the same thing. i delte again and it continues until i disconnect my psp. i managed to open the autorun.inf through the cmd prompt and it autoruns this "RECYCLER\S -1-6-21-2434476501-1644491937-600003330-1213\autorunme.exe" i delete them both off the psp but it just keeps coming back. i disconnected my psp and ran a full system scan on my computer last night and no virus's :) but if i connect my psp boom, the same thing. this virus has me at my limits and i dont know how to get rid of it or anything anymore.........so can anyone help me.

As always your help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: wow this is unbelievable, seconds after i posted this, i went back and this time i disabled hide system operating files and lo and behold the recycler came up, but turns out that wasnt really the recycler folder that i thought it was, it was the fake one, so i deleted the fake one from my memory stick and went into the real recycle bin and deleted it again and disconnected my psp again and this time....NO VIRUS! so it seems i should probably try a little harder next time before i post a long easily solved problem. well better get out of here before you guys yell at me :p (btw if a mod wants to delete this it would be fine)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice