1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AVG 7.5 Free Version

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by trevorjones, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trevorjones

trevorjones Guest Thread Starter

Hi

I have recently installed AVG7.5 and find now that opening files in Office 2003 Word & Excell is very slow, is there anything I can do.
    Many thanks
    Trevor J

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I am using AVG 7.5 Free and have no problems with Word, Excel and Outlook 2003. Did this just start happening after installing AVG?

3. golferbob

golferbob

i also run avg7.5 free and have no problem with speed with win office.

4. trevorjones

Yes all was well prior to the installation, I uninstalled AVG and all was well again, however I re-installed AVG and the problem persists.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is your Office all up to date? Visit the http://www.update.microsoft.com/ site and see if there's any updates to Office, the issue could be with AVG installing the Shell Extension test and some issues like that were resolved in the Service Packs for Office.

I assume you are using the latest downloaded version of AVG with all the updates?

You wouldn't have a Google Toolbar or its Desktop Search installed would you?

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Trevor:

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties. What type and speed is the processor, and how much RAM is installed?

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab. How many entries are listed there with a checkmark next to them?

Frank

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. randy_california

randy_california

Search google for
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgoff2k.dll
    or
    regsvr32 /u avgoff2k.dll

This is supposed to stop anti-virus scans when Word opens.
    All it does for me is says DllUnregister Service failed, but it has worked for some people and supposedly is listed in Grisoft's Technical Support FAQ

8. trevorjones

Yes to all three questions!

9. new tech guy

new tech guy

Well why dont you reinstall avg and just not install the microsoft office extension. although it is odd how your machine has problems. I have old computers with it and they have no problems with the ms office scanner in avg free.

10. new tech guy

new tech guy

I beleive you get that option through the custom installation procedure.

11. trevorjones

Yes it did, I have uninstalled and all was well however following reinstallation the problem persists.

12. trevorjones

Many thanks for your help, I reinstalled with Office Plug In unselected and all is now ok.
    Again many thanks.
    T.J.

13. defuse3388

defuse3388

Unproper installations also cause troubles sometime.You should always becareful while installing softwares.

14. new tech guy

new tech guy

If all is well please mark this thread solved by going to thread tools> click on mark solved, then click perform action. :).

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice