1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AVG Anti virus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mojo50, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojo50

mojo50 Thread Starter

Hello to all, Here is my question. I have just newly installed the free version of AVG Anti virus protection. My question is, is it a good basic virus protection for the computer? I have Mcafee also on my computer but it now says that it is expired. I don't really want to pay $89 + to get new software and then someone told me about AVG. It seems to work great, scans e-mails as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks! :)

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

I've had it for about two years or so and it's saved my a*s numerous occasions. It's only "free" in North america, but if you live in Europe it costs.Don't let the free part give you pause, it's the real mcoy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!