1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AVG Link Scanner

Discussion in 'General Security' started by keno-ken, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno-ken

keno-ken Thread Starter

Jan 17, 2009
    Morning all [depending on where you are ofcourse]. Messy situation here. I hav been conversing with AVG about the Link Scanner option in AVG 8-8.5. Link scanner icon which is usually a green star with a tick inside it next to each link when browsing has suddenly disappeared or is very limited {See Screenshot}.

As usual AVG Support has been less than helpful. Got me jumping through all kinds of hoops. Repair jobs, uninstall/reinstall. You name it. There responses read like a cracked record[sort of like a recorded message].:mad:

I have enable AVG Safe Search in IE Addons. Checked all LinkScanner settings which are telling me that It is enabled and working normally, but it aint. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

As you can see in the screen shot{you taught me well Noyb thankyou} only the links in the top highlighted in yellow and the list on the right of the page have the link scanner working. Everything below that, no link scanner icon or on pages with no high lighted items or right lists.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817384