1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AVG- not re-starting automatically

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by letchworth, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. letchworth

letchworth Thread Starter

I use AVG free (current version is 7.5 on a Windows XP machine with P4-2.4GHz, 1 GigMem). Recently I began noticing that AVG does not start up automatically on reboot- and has to be manually started.

I can't think of any changes I have made to AVG-- but can't find where to turn on the automatic start on reboot. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

letchworth

2. Rache

Rache Banned

3. golferbob

golferbob

i haven't had any problems with avg . if the post above doesn't work ,i would just uninstall it ,restart , download & install again.

4. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi Lectchworth. click on your icon by the clock and then on launch avg test center goto schedular once you click on that see if "test plan in basic mode" is active"

5. letchworth

It says it is-- however, when I reboot-- no icon by clock

letchworth

6. letchworth

also, Not listed in MSConfig

Only thing I can think that has changed is that I uninstalled an older version of Roxio & installed the newer version of Nero that came with new DVD/CD drive

letchworth

7. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi letchworth. I'm not sure if nero would have anything to do with it, is avg in the add/remove if so an uninstall of avg and a reinstall would be your best option.

8. letchworth

Thanks all-- I was able to uninstall/re-install-- now it seems to be working fine

I appreciate it
    letchworth

9. rka0

rka0 Banned

Hi letchworth. I'm glad that you have resolved your problem. Will you be marking this thread as solved.

10. letchworth

Sure will-- and thanks
    letchworth

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice