1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: .AVI file audio jitter on playback

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wfeg, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wfeg

wfeg Thread Starter

I have burnt many data DVD discs with .AVI files on them without any problems. But the last one using the latest Nero Burning ROM to burn a data disc with several .AVI files, and one of them has jittery audio and the sound is about 2 seconds out of sync when I play back on my Telefunken DVD player. None of the others on the same data disc have this problem. So, I obtained a different copy of the same file, but this time in .MKV format, then converted to .AVI (referred to as the converted .AVI file).
    When I play back the .MKV file on my computer, there is no jitter, but when I play back the original .AVI file or the converted .AVI file, I get audio jitter, however, there is no audio out of sync as there was on my DVD player using the data DVD disc.

I used InstalledCodec to list all of my codecs, and discovered 25 DirectSHow Runtime quartz.dll codecs with different Display names, except 2 which had the same display name 'Video Renderer'. So, I disabled one of them, and checked the playback of the 2 .AVI files in question, but there was still audio jitter. In the end, I disabled ALL of my codecs, absolutely everyone of them, and there was still audio jitter in both of the .AVI files on playback on my computer.

I am now stumped. Can anyone please suggest what I should do next? My computer has the following players installed:
    Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, DivX Plus Player, IrfanView, QuickTime Player, Nero Vision, Avi2MpegMain, VideoConverter, VideReDo.

Wfeg

2. wfeg

wfeg Thread Starter

After trying many different things, I finally solved the jitter/stutter problem by uninstalling DivX suite of programs. There must have been some interaction between 2 different video/audio codecs that caused the problem, even though I had disabled all codecs with InstalledCodec. This raises the question what codecs were left over after disabling all codecs in InstalledCodec? There must have been some left over that were not disabled by InstalledCodec because I could still play my .AVI files on my computer.

Any thoughts?
    Wfeg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice