Solved: AVI quality bad when copied with Nero

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jimmyt71

Hi,i new to this so I need some help.When I burn an avi file to dvd the quality is poor.I have been told that my codecs are corrupted.What can I do to solve this?I have a pretty old machine and dont want to throw too much money down the drain to solve the problem.

Please,Please help this computer virgin.

It would be helpful if you told us in what way they were "bad". When you burn an avi file to dvd, you are first converting the avi to mpeg2----That essentially compresses the images. I am not familiar with Nero, but usually you can make quality adjustments on most DVD authoring software.

jimmyt71

When I say bad quality I mean that the picture is pixelated.Plays perfect with media player 11, but when I try to copy it,thats when the problem starts

jimmyt71

I downloaded Winavi and that solved my problem.Thank you paulb100

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online