1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Avira Antivirus won't update

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Krak3d, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Krak3d

Krak3d Thread Starter

Hi

My Windows XP gave me the security alert that my Anti virus was out of date, which rarely happens unless I have been away from my PC for a long time. I use Avira Anti virus, and it has prevented any virus from getting in for the last couple of years. I got the out of date message, and tried to update it manually, but it couldn't connect to their server and download anything like after 30 mins of waiting. I tried it several times now, and so am posting this message. Please help me update the software.

Thank you.

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

I just tried downloading the definition update from the Avira site and it's not working, so it's not a problem with your connection.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have the most current version(9.0.0.407) of Avira AntiVir installed? If not, here is the download link.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. letchworth

letchworth

Thanks for the info
    letchworth

4. Krak3d

Krak3d Thread Starter

Yeah I have the latest version, thanx.

5. Candise

Candise

avira updates are working fine on my pc open configuration box in avira and in updates set to automatic updates should download ok good luck

6. Krak3d

Krak3d Thread Starter

It works now, it didn't for the past couple of days. Like said above, problems with Avira servers i guess.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/873212