1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Avira free version

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raybro, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

I just insatlled Avira for a test run and have found something I'm not fond of. Everytime I do a definitions update, yhis really big, Red window opens after the update to ask if I want to upgrade to the pro version. It just bugs me and I'd like to get rid of it. I looked in the registery and found an entry that may be related. See attached screen shot.

Any ideas??

Raybro

Attached Files:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Thanks Phantom010... Did the registry edit (/nosplash) process. Now I'll wait until tomorrow and run a manual update to see if it does the job. I expect it will work as advertised.

Raybro

4. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

The registry edit did not get rid of the nag screen. So I did the safe mode change to the Avira avnotify.exe properties. That did it for me.

I'll mark this thread solved.

Raybro

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Glad I could help! (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/839538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice