1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Avira Security Suite with Windows 7-problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by DougMacp, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DougMacp

DougMacp Thread Starter

Hi All, system now dual-booting between XP and 7, thanks to advice on this forum. Now installed Avira Anti-vir2009 (ver8) Security suite (I use this with my XP and had a licence left over).

It appears to be working fine and 'control panel/systems & security' list Avira. However, the 'action centre' isn't detecting it and is flashing red bars at me saying I have no anti-virus or firewall. All programs are updated so can't understand why windows won't recognise Avira.
    Does anyone know any way to resolve this?

Thanks again.

2. joeten

joeten

hi i found this coutesy of wilder security
    make sure you right click and choose the compatibility mode option ... and choose "additional permissions" and "worked on previous versions but fails now" hope this helps

3. DougMacp

DougMacp Thread Starter

Thanks - that seems to have worked. All the avira functions look ok but MS security still doesn't recognise it - i've just told MS to ignore the 'lack; of a suite. thanks:rolleyes:

4. joeten

joeten

hi glad you got sorted

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/834554