Solved: Background image in Kompozer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hardrockct

I am using kompozer on vista operating system. I can't get images to load a background for page. I go to format / page color and background/ then I click readers default colors and I choose an image from the drop down list but no image apears can some one help. I go to my friends and it works on his. Is it vista?
thanks confussed

Not sure if it's Vista, could be.
Try clicking on the tab to edit the html, and where you see <style> and </style> (if you don't see these, add them between <head> and </head>) put the following between the style tags:

body {background-image:url('path-to-image-here');

Replace the part in bold

Now go back to the other tab you were looking in, and see if it works.

btw, in the html tab, it should look something like this, toward the top of the page
(obviously there would be other stuff there, this is just a general idea of where the 'style' tags would be located)

<head>

<style type="text/css">

body {background-image:url('path-to-image-here');

</style>

</head>

hardrockct

Thank You for your reply. I just don't know enough about html code to know how to us this. But again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online