Solved: Backup Drivers on XP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manofmarin

XP home-IE8-OE6

I read an article recently about driver backup programs. I have downloaded drivers in the past but have never considered a backup program for drivers.

Is this really important and prudent to do so?

I would appreciate any comments or recommendations of products to use!

Thanks,

manofmarin

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
That is a good question. I guess I never really thought about it because I've pretty much always owned brand name computers that came with a drivers disc. When I had my custom built PC (years ago) I do think I did burn some drivers to a CD to have just in case.

Google had some hits with software recommendations. One that seemed quite promising was DriverMax: http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

This is also a good article with discussions on each program: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-windows-driver-backup.htm

manofmarin

Thanks guys:

I appreciate the quick responses........................and the humor.!

Gee:
I've never had two experts respond to me in one thread. Maybe my questions are getting more intellegent? LOL

Thanks,

manofmarin

Don't think we are experts just because we are moderators. Some moderators are experts, and some experts are moderators, but not all moderators are experts nor all experts moderators. We're supposed to "moderate", break up fights during recess, and that kind of thing. But sometimes we get time to help with problems, too. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online