Solved: Backup Screwup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgmack

I Very new at all this stuff.
I don't know much of the terminology.

I tried to follow the instructions given but screwed up somewhere while trying to backup files and folders to the 'D' drive (what ever that is). I got a popup saying that it didn't have enough space to finish.
Now I get a popup that informs me that I'm low on disc space every time i boot up. Can I undo that backup?

Gateway laptop-MT6920
Windows Vista Home Premium

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You will find MANY threads here about your problem.
You should NOT be backing things up to your D drive as it is the "System Recover" partition. It is used to REBUILD your machine back to factory settings.

Yes, you should be able to delete the backup files.

Now, go out and get yourself a External USB drive and a Disk Imaging program and use them.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Open Windows Explorer (Computer) and then select the "D" drive, there you should see a listing of "Folders and Files".
Post a screen shot of that listing and we MAY be able to tell you which items to delete.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online