1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] bad driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deal, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deal

deal Thread Starter

Recently my CDW 9624 quit recording. Easy CD Creator worked fine but nothing appeared on the disc after the session was announced successful. I decided that the driver must have "disappeared" and downloaded another from the manufacturers site. When opened it was in DOS and said that some system configs would be changed. After installation my system will not boot up past the Windows 98 screen. I got it up and running by manually not allowing the config.sys and autoexec.bat to load but now I can't shut it down. Anybody help me get back to normal please?

deal

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Try booting in safe mode, uninstalling the software, deleting its folder and then rebooting again. If successful, reinstall the software without the update.

3. deal

deal Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I uninstalled the software, deleted the folders but still had the problem. I finally went to msconfig and found some additional commands that had been installed and checked. I unchecked the new ones and everything runs perfect.

deal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64673

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice