1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Bad USB installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mahoon, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mahoon

mahoon Thread Starter

I think I might have left my USB modem plugged into the machine when I first installed it and now I can't get the hardward wizard to install it properly. I'd downloaded the latest drivers (it's an Alcatel Speedtouch 330), I've uninstalled it several times (hardware and software), reinstalled it several times and tried various helplines (to no avail). I've system restored the machine and that didn't work either. The machine's a Packard Bell 3030 (I think) running Win XP Home. Is there something else I can try?
    All help appreciated.

2. fabulous

fabulous

try updatting ur windows

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Does it show up in device manager?

4. mahoon

mahoon Thread Starter

Thanks AcaCandy. Yes it used to show up in device manager (complete with yellow question mark – sometimes). All is resolved now however - the modem is binned and a new one installed (successfully :) ). The world is now my lobster.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Ok. Kind of a harsh fix, but whatever works :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice