1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BAD_POOL_HEADER, instability issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by darrrius, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darrrius

darrrius Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I would be most grateful if someone could help me with the problems I am currently experiencing.

The main problem is a large quantity of blue screen "stop" errors. They seem to happen most when I am connected to the interent. The screen goes blue and displays the following error message:

BAD_POOL_HEADER

The only way to get out of it is to switch the laptop off and then back on. When windows loads up again, its says

the computer has recovered from a serious error. When I click on the error signature i get the following:

Error Signature:
    BCCode : 19 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : B309838C BCP3 : B3098BB4
    BCP4 : FD050F80 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

when I click on technical information about this error I get the folowing:
    The following files will be included in this error report
    C:\DOCUME~1\DAVECA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9889.dir00\Mini101108-03.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\DAVECA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9889.dir00\sysdata.xml

This happens, as I say, mainly when connected to the internet, but can happen other times too.

Another thing I have noticed is that when I switch the laptop on, before anything loads I get a message flash in the top left of the screen, very quickly, that says:

MBR Error 3

I'm sure that before this started happening there was something called "Acronis Recovery Manager" there, which I do not see anymore.

As well as the problems above, the system seems to be unstable in other areas. For example, if I try to repair a bad internet connection, by right clicking it and selecting repair, it freezes the machine. The only way to get out of it is to switch power off and back on.

Another problem is that when I close the laptop screen but leave the power on, I cannot return to windows. Instead when I open the screen again, the machine is froze.

I realise this could be a big problem, but would be so grateful if someone here could point me in the right direction in terms of help.

Kindest regards

Dave

2. peterdiva

peterdiva

Zip up and attach 6 of the most recent minidump files from c:\windows\minidump.

C:\DOCUME~1\DAVECA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9889.dir00\Mini101108-03.dmp <-- minidump file dated 11th Oct.

3. darrrius

darrrius Thread Starter

Hi Peter

Many Thanks - Attached are the files you requested.

Kind regards

Dave

Attached Files:

4. peterdiva

peterdiva

All 6 crashes were caused by NETw4x32.sys. See if you can update this file. It's an Intel Wireless WiFi Link Adapter driver.

BugCheck 19, {20, 9ac3a38c, 9ac3abb4, fd050f80}
    Probably caused by : NETw4x32.sys ( NETw4x32+6026 )
    b9d8b000 b9fa4f80 NETw4x32 NETw4x32.sys Sun Feb 25 23:05:22 2007 (45E197A2)

5. darrrius

darrrius Thread Starter

Hi Peter

Thanks for your help. I uninstalled and then resinstalled the wireless network device and all now seems to be running smoothly.

Kind regards

Dave

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice