1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Basic help needed, please

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Saga Lout, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saga Lout

Saga Lout Thread Starter

I know these must be pretty fundamental questions but I'm totally new to Macs, having acquired a rather nice little Powerbook G4 Aluminium with a 15.1" screen. I've bought a Airport wireless which was the right one for the job but it's very much smaller than the slot and I'm reluctant to push it in too hard to the connectors. At the moment it's at the point where it's neither making connection or able to be pulled back out.

I also thought I'd installed Firefox yesterday but today it fetched up in Trash. What should I have done to install the DMG file I downloaded?

2. Headrush

Headrush

Can't help you with this one.

When you double click this DMG, an icon should appear on the desktop. If you double click on this icon it should open a window where you see Firefox. You must drag this Firefox icon into your Applications folder.

Then you would run that copy of Firefox in the Applications folder.

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout Thread Starter

D'oh - I knew it would be simple but not that simple! Dragging would never have occurred to me because I tend to use more keyboard controls in Windows and Linux than use of the mouse. Hopefully I'll sort the wi-fi card today as I've e-mailed a fellow pro PC Fixer in my area who deals only in Macs.

Thanks a lot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice