1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Batch "Browsing Window" ???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Psycoblast, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Psycoblast

Psycoblast Thread Starter

Hey Everyone today I was making a program to transfer pictures off my grampas camera to a set directory, within the file it asks for a destination to save the file and you have to enter the destination. A bit complicated for my grampa so I was wondering if theres a way you can open a browsing window (like when you save or open a file) and take the destiation selected on it and set it to a variable?

OR Any other suggestions to make this a bit easier so he dosen't have to go searching for the destination directory.

Thanks
    -Psycoblast

P.S. Check out "Batch Icons???" Fourm.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. Psycoblast

Great!!!

But one quick question can you put in 2 locations you want it to show for example My Computer and the Desktop?

Thanks
    -Psycoblast

4. Squashman

Have no clue what you are talking about.

5. Psycoblast

I'll try to explain it a better sorry for the confusion. When I went to the site you posted I got the code for the vbscript it works great I just need to know one thing. One of the two code shows how to make it with My Computer as the start directory in the code. And the other one shows how to put a file location as the start directory but can I put two start directorys?

6. Squashman

From the code I posted in the other thread explain what you are talking about.

7. Squashman

I think I understand what you are talking about but it is not possible to specify two starting paths for the BrowseForFolder object.

However you could cheat a little bit. Create some temp folder. Inside that temp folder create two symbolic links or shortcuts to the folders that you want the user to select. Use that temp folder as your path in the Vbscript.

You would need to use sysinternals Junction to create the hard links for the directories.

8. Psycoblast

Perfect

Thanks for the patientce

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice