1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Batch File Unhide and Hide

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Nerokin, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nerokin

Nerokin Thread Starter

I got this from an old post on this site and was helping to get more info about it
    I need some help understanding how to actually set it to hide and unhide folders using this set of .bat, .vbs, and .htm because when I was looking at the code I did not see what it would hide or unhide so if the creator this set can remodel it to include the file path it will open that will make it much easier on me:confused:

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

This code has nothing to do with hiding or unhiding folders. It is used to mask a password prompt.

3. Nerokin

Nerokin Thread Starter

Well... Now I know that I want to see if the creator of this script set can set it to hide and unhide a file

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If you look at TheOutcaste's profile you will notice that he has not posted here in close to two years and I am pretty sure he is not coming back any time soon. We used to do other stuff offline from this forum and he no longer stays in touch with me even over email. He doesn't post on any of the other forums that we used to consult on either.

Go back and reread the original thread. The first couple of posts are about using the ATTRIB command to set the hidden and system attributes. But remember that there is a setting in Windows Explorer that allows you to see hidden and system files.

The thread got more complex because the user thought by making a batch file to enter in a username and password to access his batch file that hides the folders would make it more secure. IT DOESN"T! It is just security through obscurity as we in the security world like to call it.

5. Nerokin

Nerokin Thread Starter

Oh, Alright I guess this thread is done then

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice