Solved: battery will not charge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larry133

i have a hp probook 6555b laptop and it will not charge the battery . i installed a new battery and it is the same . the power supply is plugged in and it says; power supply plugged in but not charging.also if i unplug the power supply the laptop go's dead and if you do not plug the power supply in it will not come on.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Are you using the power adapter that came with that laptop?

If you're using a replacement power adapter, does it meet one of these specs?

18.5 volts DC @ 3.5 amps - 65 watts

19.0 volts DC @ 4.74 amps - 90 watts

Does the replacement battery meet one of these specs?

Battery (Primary) - 6-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 14.4 volts, 2.55 Ah, 55 Wh

Battery (Primary) - 9-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.8 Ah, 93 Wh

------------------------------------------------------------------

larry133

19.0 volts DC @ 4.74 amps - 90 watts and the battery is a li-ion 6cell 10.8 volt-5200 mAh.the charger. i have had the charger for 6 month and the battery is the same as i removed .

larry133

thank you for your time; i guess i am just going to contact hp?. thank larry133.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Good luck. (y)

I had a battery "not detected" and "not charging" issue with a Dell laptop and resolved the issue by replacing both the battery and charger.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online