Solved: Battlefield 1942 locks computer after patch install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgl1

I've installed all the patches from the very first ones to the latest 1.6 and same result. Game runs fine unpatched but after patching, it will appear to start. The logo screen comes up. Cd whirls for a bit then blammo. Lock city. I have to reboot to get into Windows. Please help somebody!!!!

MOTHERBOARD: (754-pin Socket) GigaByte GA-K8NS nForce3 250 Chipset AGP8X w/LAN,USB2,&Audio
CPU: (754-pin) AMD™ ATHLON™64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
MEMORY: 1GB PC3200 400mgz DDR MEMORY (GEIL VALUE RAM)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce-FX 5200 128MB DDR W/ TV OUT & DVI
SOUND: Creative Labs SB LIVE 24.bit 7.1
HDD: MAXTOR 120GB 7200 RPM ATA 133 HARD DRIVE
2nd HDD: MAXTOR 40gb 7200 RPM 133 HARD DRIVE

This is a consistent problem that many people encounter on this forum, including myself.

There have been several other topics similar to yours; check those using the search function. I, however, am not sure if you will be able to find a solution.

sgl1

Kramer55 said:
This is a consistent problem that many people encounter on this forum, including myself.

There have been several other topics similar to yours; check those using the search function. I, however, am not sure if you will be able to find a solution.
I did look last night and found similar if not the same issues. But never found a really conclusive answer. I did find one but geez, all the bs adjustments doesn't seem worth the time and trouble. Reminded me of a drug. Fix one problem only to cause others.

I just want the ability to use mods and other maps. Do I have to use patches to accomplish this? It sucks this game is so video/driver/sound intensive. I've seen many people have trouble not only with this game but BF2 as well. EA designers must be previous MS people. :mad:

One reason I never liked playing games on my computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online