1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin F5D7000 V7 Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mamong, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

I have the PCI Belkin F5D7000 v7000 Wireless Card.

It has the Realtek RTL8185L chipset.

This card has given me nothing but problems. The computer is running a fresh Windows XP install at the moment. I installed the drivers as Belkin instructs (install software, turn off computer, plug in the card, restart), and the wireless card is detected by Windows.

I can see our Home wireless connection, but the computer refuses to connect to it.

The Belkin utility says "This connection has Limited or No Connectivitiy" when I use it.
    Windows XP's wireless utility refuses to connect to the network. It can see it, but if I try to connect, it states, "Windows is unable to connect to the network" etc

My laptop, in the same room, is connected to the network via wireless and is flawless. I don't get one drop out.

On rare occasions, on reboot, the wireless SOMETIMES connects, and I can get on the internet. This doesn't last long, with the Internet dropping out, massive lag spikes and I cannot reconnect, I get sent back to the error message stated above.

I reinstalled Windows XP just in case of something fishy, and that hasn't helped.

I also have used drivers for the Realtek chipset (doesn't even let me use wireless, so useless), the Belkin drivers on the CD, and the latest Belkin drivers for the V7 card, off Belkin's website. Both Belkin drivers give me the same problem which I've mentioned above.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

assume all ok in device manager? have you checked it?

go to services start run type services.msc ensure following set to auto

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
    • COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
    • Computer Browser
    • DHCP Client
    • DNS Client
    • Network Connections
    • Network Location Awareness
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    • Server
    • TCP/IP Netbios helper
    • Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)

• Workstation

3. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

Device Manger is all okay, inside Network Adapters is "Belkin Wireless G Network Card", and it doesn't have any exclamation marks or anything.

All those services you listed were already started and running.

Still won't connect.

4. daz1

daz1 Banned

xp version? sp3 ??

5. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

Yeah, it's SP3

6. daz1

daz1 Banned

7. daz1

daz1 Banned

8. SeishiNui

SeishiNui

add this too, this is the post of JohnWill, and since I do not imitate posts here's the link:
    http://forums.techguy.org/7545633-post4.html

*I copied the link to the post in the purpose of giving us details that could help us solve your issue.

9. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

The Windows Network Diagnostic did nothing really, it's suggestions were to check the key (yes its right) and to check router settings (which also have to be right as my laptop is accessing the net fine.)

Screenshot of IpConfig is attached, I've blacked out the physical address, I don't think that's needed for others?
    Screenshot of Xirrus is also attached.

Attached Files:

10. daz1

daz1 Banned

can you do a print screen of network connections folder,as your media in ipconfig is disconnected , whilst it is in that state can you click to enable it? or does that not work?, whilst it says disconnected does it say this also in device manager ie a red cross?whilst it is disconnected have you tried add hardware wizzard?

11. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

Device shows up in Device Manager as working, no red cross or exclamation mark.

Add Hardware Wizard finds nothing

It says Wireless connection is enabled in Network Connections, I've attached a screenshot.

Attached Files:

12. daz1

daz1 Banned

it says unplugged and not connected, where does it say enabled?cant see it?
    what happens when you right click the wireless connection and clcik enable or connect?

13. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

It's definitely enabled, I wouldn't even be able to see the wireless network otherwise.

Screenshot of right click options is attached.

Attached Files:

14. daz1

daz1 Banned

just to recap, device manager is ok? but says not connected ?and if you click repair? nowt happens?

15. Mamong

Mamong Thread Starter

Device Manager is A-Ok, I still can't connect.

If I repair, it disables the adapter, re enables, but ends with an error message stating it cannot connect to the wireless network.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!