1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router: Always needs manual DNS change

Discussion in 'Networking' started by slayerdude, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slayerdude

slayerdude Thread Starter

Hi ,
    I've been having this problem with my Belkin router since day 1 when i got it.( not new, got from buddy's place)
    It's Belkin HI Speed Wifi G router, and what's really frustrating is, everytime i connect to it, I need to manually change the DNS address and switch between 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.4 in order to get internet access!
    Sometimes it even cuts off the internet during a session, without me even disconnecting from the wifi network, where I would again need to switch back and forth to the 2 or 4 ending! It s been months and found no solution ! .. can someone drop me some hints please .. would highly appreciate your help ! thanks

Francoi

2. cpatton333

cpatton333

sorry im not the most advanced on this but do you have an option to set it to obtain automatically?

3. slayerdude

Yeah I do have that option, except It needs that i provide the DNS manually, otherwise I dont get any connection. in other words the modem that i dont have direct physical access to is unfortunately not configd to provide me the DNS automatically.

4. slayerdude

I reset the router to defaiult factory. Cloned my MAC pc address, since the LAN cable to used be physically connected to that before. And now it's work just fine! .. solved ..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!