1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin N+ router will not connect to HP 5SI printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Seaenbella, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seaenbella

Seaenbella Thread Starter

We have quite the set up here..
    Three computers and a HP 5SI printer connected to a pro curve switch box. We use Synergy so that we can use one mouse and keyboard with all three computers. I just installed a Belkin N+ router, so that I can use my laptop thru the wifi. Had problems getting the computers to connect to the internet, finally got that to work, then it took three hours to get Synergy to work again. Now the computer can not "see" the printer. We just put Win 7 on the main computer and I had the printer working before I installed the router. I even tried taking it off the switch box and hooking it directly to the router and the router don't see it either. I am just lost for a solution.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jamie

2. Seaenbella

Seaenbella Thread Starter

Well after a little more looking it finally hit me the IP address on the printer was not within the range that the router required and I couldnt change that so I found out how to change the IP address manually on the printer... and how it works... YAY!!! :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!