1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin N1 MiMO NAT issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DSL_Dragon, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DSL_Dragon

DSL_Dragon Thread Starter

Hi all!

I just picked up a secondhand Belkin N1 MiMO router for a good price. Its great for the internet and my laptop but I can't figure out how to disable the NAT for my XBOX 360.

I have looked at belkin's support site and manuals for all versions of the router, and they all say there should be a section for NAT. I have NAT on the homepage of the router which says its enabled, but when I click it it takes me to a utilities page with no NAT settings.

So how do I disable it? I have Belkin part number F5D8631uk4A with ver. 3000uk.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you disable NAT, it's no longer a router, I don't really think you want to do that.

3. DSL_Dragon

I have a Linksys WAG200G router, and I have disabled the NAT on that and it still functions just fine.

OK, if disabling the NAT on this router is a bad idea, do you have any recommendations for me? Currently, my XBOX 360 shows that the NAT is strict and this does cause a few speed issues with Halo 3. Is there any way to make the NAT less strict?

Thanks

4. JohnWill

You have a router that you've disabled NAT, and you can still connect multiple computers to it? I'd love to see that configuration!

What's the exact model of that Belkin router?

5. DSL_Dragon

Don't worry about it anymore, I went back to the WAG200G one. Don't know how the hell I came up with the NAT disabled thing, tried it again and I had to hard-reset the router.

But to answer your last question, JohnWill, in case you're still interested the only model number I could find on the router and box was F5D8631UK4A. I assume the ver 3000uk is the firmware version. Thats all the info I can find anyway.

Thanks again for your help, JohnWill! :)

6. JohnWill

Well, all's well that ends well. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/730494