1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin N150 EWR not detected, can't reach 192.168.2.1

Discussion in 'Networking' started by the.diddler, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the.diddler

the.diddler Thread Starter

Hello all,

I have a Belkin N150 Enhanced Wireless Router, my internet is dynamic cable modem, and I have two computers; one running XP and the other Windows 7.

On initial plug in, it was working. It was plugged motorola cable modem/belkin/windows 7 comp. I did the IPCONFIG, I ran the Setup Assistant, and I guess I entered the wrong information because the internet stopped working. So I had another go at it, and still wouldn't work. Third time, Setup Assistant tells me that it cannot detect the connection between the computer and router. It tells me to make sure everything is plugged. I haven't touched a bloody thing. All lights are green on router.

I tried to access the settings through 192.168.2.1 and other consecutive numbers, to see if I can reset to factory settings. My browser tells me I got nothing! I've tried on Chrome, IE, and Firefox. I've done the hard reset, lights go off and then back on green - one by one. Nothing.

I've googled the crap out of this issue (and browsed through this forum), and I'm almost down to return it. I have contacted Belkin through their tech support email, and haven't heard a response.

I connected it to my XP comp (which is not connected to the internet, because at this point my concern is accessing the router settings) and IPCONFIG says;

Connection specific suffix ; Belkin
    IP Address: 192.168.2.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1

I've tried to access 192.168.2.2 and it's consecutive numbers but I still get nothing. I ran the cd with the Setup Assistant and it still tells me to check if the router is correctly connected to the computer, and it is!

I'm taking any suggestions, because at this point I'm standing here in my jammies going mad. I'm hoping that I didn't pay for a plastic door stopper.

Thanks,
    Rose

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need to use 192.168.2.1 in the address bar of IE to access the router's setup if that is your current IPCONFIG.

3. the.diddler

Thanks for the prompt reply, I've tried that and nothing. Belkin just got back to me about a different reset method. I'll update soon as I test.

4. the.diddler

Hi all,

THIS WORKED. I was able to reset to factory settings. When I reset I was not holding it long enough. I would just press reset, watch lights go off then on. The internet now works with cable modem/router/win7 comp.

Now to configure security settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/901554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice