1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin router DMZ problems...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by redixe, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redixe

redixe Thread Starter

I made the mistake of posting this in a solved forum, so I am making a new thread now. The solution was returning the router and getting a different one which is not an option for me.

But here is a link to the original post:
    http://forums.techguy.org/networking/623333-solved-belkin-router-dmz-problems.html

Basically, my XBox 360 has a static IP and when I enable DMZ with it's IP the rest of the computers on my Network stop working. I can ping but when I try to browse everything times out. As soon as I turn DMZ off everything works again except my XBox 360.

~RediXe

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you upgraded the firmware for the router? How about resetting it to factory defaults and reconfiguring? I can't imagine how this is happening with a properly working router.

Of course, the exact model of the router would help.

Why do you need the DMZ for the XBOX?

3. redixe

redixe Thread Starter

Firmware is up to date. Pretty sure when I started the router was set to factory defaults but can try again. In the original post that I link to it has the router I have but here it is anyway:

Hardware F5D8233-4-v1(01)
    Firmware Version 1.00.10 (Jul 25 2007 11:46:32)
    Boot Version V0.09

I need DMZ because the NAT is showing as strict and port forwarding didn't help it and neither did UPnP. The only thing that made NAT show up as open was DMZ.

Would try to get more info to you but have class soon. The link in the first post at the very bottom is my post explaining my situation. Maybe it can help.

~RediXe

4. JohnWill

I think it may simply be incompatible, another thread here simply swapped the router, as you already discovered.

Try disabling any firewall features on the router when you have the DMZ enabled, see if that changes things.

5. redixe

redixe Thread Starter

E-Mail Response, looks like firmware was the cause and it's being worked on.

6. JohnWill

I guess that's the answer, it is a defective router. :D

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/637789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice