1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin Router Driving Me NUTS!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SnowLeo121, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SnowLeo121

SnowLeo121 Thread Starter

I've had this router for, maybe, I dunno, three/four years? It's worked fine for a time. But the first night I had it, I was on the phone until midnight with Belkin trying to set it up. Probably should have been my first warning.

I've had to reconfigure the thing so many times, and I've had to contact Belkin on numerous occasions! It boots me off, lights flash amber, and my internet SAYS it's connected to the router, but I cannot access the internet. I'm so sick of using the thing!

Does anyone have any suggestion to what I can do to fix the router before I trash it? I've already ordered a NetGear router and if I can fix the Belkin router to where it works at least for a good number of years, I'll return it. But if not, Belkin is going on my "never buy anything from again" list.

2. onca

onca

Doubt there's much you can do about it. Have you tried updating the firmware?

3. Jason_Jiang

Jason_Jiang

The key point is that if your router has been configured properly to access Internet. If your router fails to get on Internet, connecting to your router sucessfully is meanless.
    There may be a program on the router's Management Page which you could check your Internet. (i'm not familiar with Belkin router so i couldn't give any further details.)

4. onca

onca

I don't think it would start flashing lights if, for example, your subnet was configured incorrectly. I guess it depends on the router.

Not sure what program you're referring to, but most routers have the ping utility built in. So he could use that to check his connection right from the routers' web interface.

5. SnowLeo121

She. xD

I've updated the firmware, reconfigured the router several times with Belkin's tech support's help. The annoying thing about this entire situation is that I unplugged the router for a few seconds then plugged it back up, and it seems to be working correctly. I'm not cancelling that NetGear router yet, however.

6. SnowLeo121

I know I'm not the only person who's had trouble with that router. The Netgear router was incredibly easy to set up and I'm very pleased with it. (Kicks Belkin to curb) G'bye, junk!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice