1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin Router flashing Orange light. (Modem)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Staticstriker, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Staticstriker

Staticstriker Thread Starter

Product model: F5D8236 Version 3.00
    Just got Road Runner installed today. The guy used my old AT&T modem Electrical cord/adapter to power the Surfboard new modem is that all good? Or is he suppose to provide me a new one?

I am trying to connect my Modem to the my wireless Belkin Router but whenever I try to, the Belkin router flashes a orange light for Modem.... I tried running the Setup CD but I cannot get past the Username and Password. RoadRunner did not provide me with it.

I tried resetting the router and modem but that will not work. The internet works great when it is plugged in from Modem to Desktop, but it will not
    through the Router. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Sorry. I just found out that the Modem that Road Runner gave me (Motorola) was Wireless.. Does this mean I don't need a router? This is what I have but without the antenna on it: http://www.roadrunneroffers.com/popup/pop_wireless_modem_info/
    When I use my laptop to find my network, it shows up but when I connect to it, it does not connect to the internet..

2. Staticstriker

^Bump.. ^

Please. I really need a solution

3. henkes

henkes

Hi Staticstriker.
    Looks to me you don't need the router.
    You have to set up the wireless to work with your laptop i.e setup SSID and a password and use a security setup,make sure you set up your laptop the same and I am sure it will work for you.

Henkes

4. Staticstriker

That doesn't work. I just edited my post and said that the Modem is not wireless.. Searched on google and found that I had to "Clone" My MAC address, anyone know how to do this?

SOLVED! Turns out I had to Clone my MAC address.. Thank you everyone.
    Henkes - Thank you for your reply.

5. henkes

henkes

OK different story,have you setup your modem for modem only.
    Then you set up the router.

Henkes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice