1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin router has Jan 1970 date

Discussion in 'Networking' started by librarycastle, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. librarycastle

librarycastle Thread Starter

I have a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO router model F5D9230-4. I am not using the wireless part.

Went away for the weekend and unplugged everything. Came home and plugged everything back in exactly like it was. (It was all working fine before I unplugged). The router now gives me a date of January 1, 1970 in the system settings and it will not connect to the internet. This happened once before and it started working again after a power surge from a thunderstorm. Electricity went off and came back on. I have tried unplugging from the wall, resetting, restoring factory settings, you name it-- I have done it.

How can I get this date changed so that I can share the connection with another computer in the house. I can connect to the internet fine if I directly connect to my modem. The router is what is holding me up.

Please help. Belkin's website is useless.

2. avisitor

avisitor

January 1, 1970 is the base date of any modern computer system. See (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_Time). It will fix the date automatically when your internet connection is up and it can connect to a Network Time server.

Who is your ISP?
    What is the make and model of your modem?
    Into what port is the modem plugged on the router?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!