1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kotarose, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kotarose

kotarose Thread Starter

So,

I just bought the Belkin G+MIMO Wireless Router. I have everything connected, all the lights are on, yada yada. Why can't my laptop connect with the internet, the wireless light is on. Do I have to buy an adapter?

Help?

K.R.

2. Dezaras

Dezaras

do you know if your laptop came with built in wireless? if so, you should not need to buy an adapter. look for an icon down by the clock that says something like "wireless connection", "wireless assistant" or something like that. if you have more than one, let us know, that might be important as well. if you do have built in wireless on the laptop, make sure it is switched on ( some laptops have a switch for the built in wireless so you cant turn it off when it is not needed, to conserve battery power when not plugged in) it will usually have a blue light with a symbol that looks like an antenna with waves coming off of it.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    post make and model of the laptop
    check the firewall on the laptop is not blocking access
    do you have secruity encryption enabled on the wireless, if so remove it and see if you can connect - cordless phones can stop you connecting to a encrytted wireless

post an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
    start
    run
    cmd
    ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
    select all
    enter
    control key + C key - to copy
    then reply here and
    control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!