1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Belkin Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cliotce, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cliotce

Cliotce Thread Starter

Hi everyone, i' new to this forum but i've looked arround and it's awsome:cool:.
    I have a question that has been bothering me for quite some time now.. This is my third router and all of them have had the same problem!
    When i make large downloads (over let's say 50 Mb) or when i vist sites and forums with more than 10 - 15 good quality pictures the router locks up.. the network works fine but it doesen't broadcast tha web :mad:.. so there i go.. unplug the router.. wait a while .. reconnect then i comes back to normal until i download again or view those sites again!

Router:
    First: Gigabyte .. don't recall the modell but it was 54Mbs
    Second : SMC barricade G
    Now : belkin f5d7230-4 (with the last firmware installed)

Hope anyone can help with this... cuzi'm about to hit this router with a very heavy hammer :mad:
    Thanks

2. frustratedad

frustratedad

Did you try using different channels?
    I would also see if your router supports "Protected Mode". That fixed a similar issue for me awhile back.

3. Cliotce

Cliotce Thread Starter

I will take a look at that.. but seriously i've even thought it was due to the heat and put a small fan under the thing and even considered cutting the case to fit the fan blowing directly into it but it doesen't generate that much heat and it continues to crash anywayz.. i'll post the results of the "protected mode" setting tomorow.. tks 4 the reply (y)

4. Cliotce

Cliotce Thread Starter

Thanks "Frustrated" for the help, i belive i've stumbled in the solution because of U! In the router configuration, where it say's "protected mode", above it it's the extend range selection and it was on, so i swiched it off and so far i've downloaded about 8 Gb and only once i've had to reboot the dang thing. The protected mode was off, when i turned it on it blocked me from viewing some links in some webpages and blogs so i turned it off again.
    Once again THANKS "Frustrated" i belive i've got it working :) finally

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice