1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Best software for capturing video?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by KevinK, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KevinK

KevinK Thread Starter

Converting VHS onto computer, got everything connected and working - just need a program to capture the video. Used both powerdirector and ulead(came with disk). Power director is using up too much space for the video files no matter what format I save to, and ulead is just rubbish keeps crashing.

So need a program that will capture video and save to a relatively small file size - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. KevinK

KevinK Thread Starter

Should have maybe put this in multimedia on further thought...

3. Megabite

Megabite

The thing is saving it as a smaller file you will loose quality

4. KevinK

KevinK Thread Starter

It's video from a VHS (tape) though so the quality isn't the best anyway - no matter what output I choose in these programs it will look the same as the original quality is pretty poor.

5. Megabite

Megabite

It will still be a big file....I captured all my videos and I used a External drive for that. When you say it is all set up how are you connecting it to your PC?

6. KevinK

KevinK Thread Starter

Scart to composite video then to the EasyCap I have - I know it will be big but it was over 10gb and that was just as a long play AVI!

7. Megabite

Megabite

Yea the problem is that it is VHS......it will be a big file I'm afraid.......If you have a program like Pinnacle you can convert the video to a smaller file afterwards

8. KevinK

KevinK Thread Starter

How big though, I'm mean it's doing 10 minutes and taking up 2 gig? Surely there's a file that can make it smaller.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice