1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Best Way to Ground Yourself?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beauzeau, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beauzeau

Beauzeau Thread Starter

What is the best way to ground yourself before upgrading your RAM? I'm no techie and I've never upgraded the RAM in any computer I've owned (I've always paid a computer expert to take care of any issue that required opening up my computer), so please give specific steps and please try not to use eserotic tech terms. Is there anything else I need to be aware of in opening up my computer and replacing the old RAM? Thanks in advance to everyone who responds.

2. Simba7

Simba7

Best way? A grounding strap always works.

..or leaving it plugged in and grabbing the case.. then unplug it before you physically install the stick.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If your computer is a laptop, make sure to unplug the power adapter and remove the battery before opening the RAM module compartment and adding/removing modules.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice