1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: BIG Java Problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Christia, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christia

Christia Thread Starter

Hi, I am having some major Java Script problems with Internet Explorer AND Morzilla (Yeah, so something's up :confused: )

The first problem is whenever I use a site that requires Java (Windows Update, free virus scans, VH1, etc) it comes up with the message: Javascrit:void(0) . However, for Windows Update, it doesn't even show an error, just displays a white screen with nothing on.

Now, I know this may be adding a bit of a challenge, or possibly getting off what should be posted in this forum, but I think that there is a problem deeper than just Java not working. You see, my Restore Point doesn't work either. It just comes up in a grey window and nothing happens. I've tried at least a 1,000 virus/spyware scans but nothing's being detected...

Norton...
    Spy Sweeper...
    Microsoft Anti Spyware...
    Pest Patrol...
    Adaware...
    AVG Antivirus...
    I've even tried Panda Virus Software (I accidently installed it wrong, and the language it's using is Spanish, but I've been desperate enough just to keep it at that!)

You see at this point, I pretty much feel hopless, and lost and I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I have Internet Explorer 6.0, and I use Windows XP. What's so odd about this, it literally just happened overnight: Everything was working just handy dandy when I went to bed one night, and 7 hours later, I wake up, and this just happened. No Virus alerts, no spyware alerts, nada. Just happened.

And again, A huge thanks for anyone that would be willing to take the time to help me out :)

2. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo

First Name:
    Joe
    You may need to clear your Sun Java Plug-in cache.The Sun Java Plug-in is located in the Control Panel. Double click the Java Plug-in icon to open the program, then click the Cache button at top, then click the clear button.

If this doesn't help your issue, you could try to update your Sun Java. Click on the Update button to see if another version is available.

3. Christia

Christia Thread Starter

I tried clearing the cache, didn't help, and it says that I have the latest version of Java.

I think I have an idea for what *COULD* help, but I think I'd like some oppinions perhaps first.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has any imput on any of those "Java Script Fix sites" (www.fix-javascript-errors.com) to be specific. I'm not sure if I should trust any of those sites, because obviously, a Java Script "Fix" would probably be a major target for starting Computer Problems. The site listed above redirects you to a site advertising a product called PC Bug Doctor :-/

Thanks in advance for any imput and/or advice :)

4. GGPete

GGPete

I strongly suggest againts bug doctor. It cost to much and it screws up more than it fixes. I tried the program and it totally destroyed my comp. had to unistall thier software and reinstall windows just get get it back working. And they dont give refunds if your comp crashes because of their faulty download.

5. melonhead

melonhead

6. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo

First Name:
    Joe
  7. Christia

Christia Thread Starter

Link's not working for me either... any other suggestions? :confused:

8. melonhead

melonhead

9. Christia

Christia Thread Starter

ooooooo, thank you sooooooo much MelonHead :) :) It's working. Thanks for all the help guys, It's really appreciated, I was pretty scared there for a while that I might have to buy a new computer or something. Thank you sooooooo much :) :cool: (y) :D

10. melonhead

melonhead

Your very welcome. This site has helped me out tremendously.

11. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo

First Name:
    Joe
    Christia:

Glad to hear the VBScript solved your issue. (y)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice