Solved: Big Problem!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgl1

I screwed up big this time. While trying to install some drivers after uninstalling and installing video card drivers I unintentionally installed a driver from the wrong motherboard disc. It was late and I was tired.

Anyway, I'm getting blue screen of death with the following error:

A problem has been detected and shutdown, etc.

***stop: 0x000000a1, 0xDEAD0010, 0x86FEC610, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

inconsistency detected in the pci bus drivers internal structures.

I tried to restart using last known good configuration, safe mode, etc. and every time the blue screen would pop up preventing startup.

I then tried to reinstall and it gave me the option to repair previous installation which I did but before it could complete installation the blue screen popped up again. And continues to prevent further installation.

I installed Windows on another hard drive hoping to be able to access system restore, scan disc, anything that would correct the problem but no luck.

What do I do??

I would rather not reformat drive C as I have some files I haven't backed up. I have most backed up but a few not.

So now I have my original drive C trying to install Windows every time I restart and a clean running copy of Windows on drive D.

Any suggestions? Help!

Yeah I understand that, but I'm not talking about Windows in this case but your BIOS/CMOS setup configuration.

As I said, long shot, but the CMOS holds "pci" data that concievably could be involved here, and getting it to do a "reset" may reconfigure it to be consistent with what you have.

The key to press to enter CMOS setup should be visible early in the boot process -- eg: press F2 to enter Setup (yours may be different)

sgl1

Rollin' Rog said:
Yeah I understand that, but I'm not talking about Windows in this case but your BIOS/CMOS setup configuration.

As I said, long shot, but the CMOS holds "pci" data that concievably could be involved here, and getting it to do a "reset" may reconfigure it to be consistent with what you have.

The key to press to enter CMOS setup should be visible early in the boot process -- eg: press F2 to enter Setup (yours may be different)

Instead of wasting more time I just reformatted the damn thing. Probably could use a good clean up anyway. Thanks for the help nonetheless.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online