1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Billion Bipac 5102 Router - ERROR fail to update due to duplicate to a Rem Node Name

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gonggirl2007, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gonggirl2007

gonggirl2007 Thread Starter

Hi, Wondering if anyone out there may be able to help i went to reset my BILLION Modem/Router a 5102 and it will not reset I keep getting an error in red after I try and apply all the information and the Error is: ERROR Fail to update due to Duplicate to a Rem Node Name, can anyone tell me why this is happening as it has locked me out of using it now, How can I fix the problem?????the modem is only around 2 years old if that, but I cannot find the receipt for warranty. Any help would be appreciated. thx

I rang Billion they said never heard of it, so i guess I'm on my own with a unique problem, just hope someone out there knows what it is?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Reset it to factory defaults by holding the reset button for 10 seconds with power on.

Turn off everything, router, and ALL attached devices.
    Turn on the router, wait for it to connect.
    Turn on the attached computers.

3. gonggirl2007

gonggirl2007 Thread Starter

Just letting you know, it has fixed itself, I tried late last night for the lucky last time, after I had tried all methods for about 20 times, but I think because I had disconnected the modem from all power and from my computer because I used another modem temporarily it must have fixed itself, the only difference between last night and the day before was I never disconnected it from my computer tower so I'm putting it down to that I guess, but I put the info in last night and it accepted it and I'm using it now. Thank you all for helping and taking the time to look.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice