1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] BIOS Identification

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by John Burns, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. John Burns

John Burns Thread Starter

I keep getting information which tells me to depress F1 or F10 or pause to determine information regarding my BIOS, etc. For some strange reason, no information ever appears on either of my computers when I do this. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? i have yet to see any thing except my computer logo, window logo and then my desktop. Am I DUMMY or what???? LOL - just wondering if I will ever conquer it?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Depending on your bios, and/or computer, it can vary from F 1 , F 2, DEL, if you have a Compaq machine F 10........and there are others as well.

3. John Burns

Thanks - I DO have a Compaq - and also a Gateway. Will keep trying.

4. rugrat

rugrat

As Candy said, it is different for different machines. You can try hitting the escape key just as the computer logo pops up then hit the pause/break key to halt the boot so you can read the screen. Hitting the escape key again will resume booting. Once you find the correct key to enter setup or BIOS, hold it down right after you turn on the machine.

Good Luck

5. John Burns

Thanks - got it to work on my Compaq - appreciate your help!

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I think the Gateway should use F 2.........

7. John Burns

It does - and works - thanks for your replies - appreciate this forum and your help. Will try to make a $ contribution soon. Thanks again.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice